V.5.0-New parametric windows and doors allow custom parameters, also suitable for curved walls.

Homestyler Official 29 March 2023

1.Introduction to parameterized doors & windows

Homestyler has newly launched parameterized doors & windows, providing a variety of door and window types, and users can freely adjust the frame size, component properties and styles. Compared with ordinary door and window models, the properties of parameterized doors & windows are more flexible, and also support windows that adapt to curved walls, which perfectly match curved walls.

* The entrance and usage of parameterized doors & windows are basically the same. The function of the parameterized window will be introduced in detail below.

2. parameterized windows usage guide:

1) How to add parameterized windows

2) Size adjustment of the parameterized window

3) Adjust the size of the inner frame of the window

4) Subcomponent replacement of parameterized windows

5) Add window side material of parameterized window

Detailed Introduction:

1) How to add parameterized windows

Method 1:

Add a door or window structure from "Create Room" on the left bar. Left-click to select the model and click "Replace" to replace different types of parameterized doors or windows.

Method 2:

Go to Model Library <Structure, slide the mouse to the bottom to find the parameterized window or parameterized door, select and drag the model directly to the wall to add it.

2) Size adjustment of the parameterized window

Select Window< and adjust the window length, width, height, height from the ground and advanced depth in the right property list.

3) Adjust the size of the inner frame of the window

After selecting a window, double-click the window to adjust the border width of the window

4) Subcomponent replacement of parameterized windows

Select the window, switch to the styler attribute in the list on the right, and select "subcomponents" to replace the appropriate window internal structure. Your original window size won't change after replacement.

5) Add window side material of parameterized window

After selecting the window, double-click the side area of the window, select "Replace Material", and select an appropriate material to replace.

After the replacement is completed, select Tool <Material Brush (shortcut key: B) on the top toolbar to absorb the material and apply it to other surfaces.

0 21555 11

Comments(11)

head-img
Alexandra Blidarus 7 April 2023
where can we change the color of the window frame?
10 Reply
head-img
Klaudia Sośniak 19 April 2023
where can we change the color of the window frame? I can't see this option anywhere.
6 Reply
head-img
Grace Simmons 30 March 2023
How about getting Parametric inner/outer Bay windows to work in the curved walls??????? @homestyler
6 Reply
head-img
c ferrum 18 September
Just go to the catalogue in the "Finish" section and choose either the color or the material. In my experience, even if you change something that should be metal into a fabric, it will still change it. I hope this works for you, mine is really buggy.@ Alexandra Blidarus
where can we change the color of the window frame?
3 Reply
head-img
Sherry Pangborn Leniz 5 April 2023
This version is useless in my opinion. To many things you have to do just to do simple designs. I hate to draw a floor design instead just give us a room already with a layout to design. I like the version on the app cause it’s simple and not to much of a hassle. I do have to say is that it is disappointing that you can’t take a flat object that lying down and stand it up to a wall in the app, with the new version the objects and he whole picture of the design after done designing doesn’t look so real like the old version. The new version takes the fun out of designing to much to do.not fun.
3 Reply
head-img
Grace Simmons 31 March 2023
How about getting parameterized doors to fit perfectly into curved walls????? @homestyler
3 Reply
head-img
Grace Simmons 31 March 2023
How about the ability to EDIT FLOOR......In a 2 story design with curved walls PLEASE give us the ability to edit the upper floor on a curve????? @homestyler
2 Reply
head-img
Skye Borg 9 February
I don't even have the option or category parameterized window though I'm on 5.0 version. I only see three subcategories. Why??
Helpful Reply
head-img
Monique Martins 8 September
very good
Helpful Reply
head-img
Albina 6 July
How to change the color of window frame?
Helpful Reply
head-img
Lydia Hightower 6 April 2023
dang yes that would be awesome!@ Grace Simmons
How about getting Parametric inner/outer Bay windows to work in the curved walls??????? @homestyler
Helpful Reply