COMMAND COPY AND PASTE

ESTER -DESIGN 20 September 2021

Hello everyone

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to copy the furniture from one file and paste it into another file?

2. Is it possible to model the external spaces with another software, such as sketchup, and then paste them in the homestyler file? so that you can render them later? Thank you very much for your attention and I greet you cordially

Stella

0 3264 5

Comments(5)

head-img
Melissa D 27 September 2021
To copy the home you created, you can try to "group" all the walls and internal models together. Go to "Plane" View (bottom left corner), click on a wall to select it, press SHIFT key on your keyboard, and select everything you want to group. A small gray tool bar opens, select group. Once everything is grouped, you can <> the house and copy and paste.
1 Reply
head-img
Edourd Celio Barba 26 October
But there are no such commands in HS as "copy" and "paste". Hovering the mouse at top menu didn't help. "Edit" is found inside "File" menu. But when I clicked it, it didn't show any "copy" or "paste" command. I use HS version 4.0.@ Melissa D
Hi Ester, VIEW: at the bottom left hand corner in Homestyler you have different view options (1. Plane, 2. RCP (aerial view for placing lighting) 3. 3D roam 4. Roam. To copy and paste between two different Homestyler projects, have the two windows open, select the same view on both projects. I use Roam alot. Click the model you want to copy, then hover your mouse at top menu of your computer select "edit" "copy"...select window for second project, hover over top menu again and select "edit" and "paste". The copied model should now show up in this second project.
Helpful Reply
head-img
Melissa D 27 September 2021
Hi Ester, VIEW: at the bottom left hand corner in Homestyler you have different view options (1. Plane, 2. RCP (aerial view for placing lighting) 3. 3D roam 4. Roam. To copy and paste between two different Homestyler projects, have the two windows open, select the same view on both projects. I use Roam alot. Click the model you want to copy, then hover your mouse at top menu of your computer select "edit" "copy"...select window for second project, hover over top menu again and select "edit" and "paste". The copied model should now show up in this second project.
Helpful Reply
head-img
ESTER -DESIGN 25 September 2021
Thanks melissa, what does it mean to put the two projects in the same view? Another problem: now I am modeling a house that is located in a complex of other villas, once finished I have to copy and place it in another point of the complex and always in the same file. Since there is no "copy and paste" command in the "draw walls" section, how can I copy it? Thanks a lot again and have a nice day@ Melissa D
Hey Ester- 1. Yes. HS will ask that you put both projects in same "view". But yes you can copy and paste. 2. Not sure on this one. Maybe email HS directly to ask. My assumption is no... but maybe you can save on sketchup, and upload like you would a 3d model?
Helpful Reply
head-img
Melissa D 24 September 2021
Hey Ester- 1. Yes. HS will ask that you put both projects in same "view". But yes you can copy and paste. 2. Not sure on this one. Maybe email HS directly to ask. My assumption is no... but maybe you can save on sketchup, and upload like you would a 3d model?
Helpful Reply